In Hawaii they say Aloha. In the Philippines we say Mabuhay. It is a warm welcome from a truly sincere and hospitable people. Filipinos are a sociable group with strong family ties. So join us and share the joy and togetherness that is the Filipino Association of Greater Kansas City!
Celebrate a Filipino Community Partner
Unbound, a treasured partner of the Filipino Association, is celebrating its 35th anniversary with a Global Block Party at their KCK headquarters! Join us on Saturday, November 19 for an afternoon of celebration — honoring our founders while partying together with food, drinks and activities for all ages. Entertainment includes: Making Movies, Amado Espinoza & Karen Lisondra, Gateway Highsteppers, Drum Safari, Nritya School of Indian Dance & Music, Danza Guadalupana de KC, and Soundz of Africa! More...
2017 Nominations Are Open
It's election season at the Filipino Association. Step up and help our community grow strong! Nominate yourself or other worthy members to serve in 2017.
Positions up for nomination:
Requirements are as follows:
Please submit your nominations by November 9 to Kevin Bautista at email@example.com.
Scholarship Opportunity for Students
The Filipino Association is offering 2 scholarship awards for 2016 to acknowledge and reward the academic achievements and extracurricular activities of students in our community. The College Education Scholarship Program (CESP) will grant a $400 award to a current college (undergraduate) student or college-bound high school senior. The Secondary Education Scholarship Program (SESP) will grant a $200 award to a current, non-senior high school student.
Applicant or applicant’s family must have been paid members of the FA-GKC for the last two consecutive years (2015-2016). The selection committee will review all applications and determine award winners. Winners will be notified on December 5 and will be invited to receive their award at the Annual Christmas Party on December 10.
Scholarship Committee Awarding Guidelines
1. All applications must be received by 11:59 PM on November 25. Those received after midnight will be disqualified.
2. All applications should include the completed form and required attached documents.
3. Applicant or applicant’s family must have been paid members of the FA-GKC for the last two consecutive years (2015-2016).
4. The Scholarship Committee Chair will review all applications for completeness.
5. The Chair will then remove names and schools from all applications before distributing them to the Committee for fair, blind judging. The Chair will be excluded from the judging process.
6. The Committee will judge the applications using a numerical point-based system.
7. Names of the applicants will not be announced publicly.
8. The Committee reserves the right not to grant any or all of the awards if none of the applicants sufficiently meet the judging criteria.